Tomorrow morning marks the "Only 5 More Weeks" kick-off here at Almost-Mommy-n-Daddy-Land. 35 days. 5 times 7, if I still have my 3rd grade math notes right. A virtual blink of an eye at best.
So much running through my mind and heart these days:
- Marveling at how much Karla's body continues to transform before my eyes, and yet how well she still seems to be the very same energetic wunderkind she's always been. Being pregnant still defies all logic in my mind. And even more so in the heat of July and August here in Texas.
- Feeling so appreciative that this weekend's 2-day Lamaze classes was really an excuse for the 2 of us to cut ties with our normal routine and just connect with each other in a calm one-on-one sort of way. Looking forward to this weekend's New Parenting classes to continue this mini-couple-vacation...and teach me a few things about diapers that just might come in handy.
- Appreciating the unexpected turn of events that took our Pathfinder away and brought a Volvo V70 wagon, the ultimate mom-car, into our life. Pretty much a tank of kid protection with a dash of style to round it out. The only time I've ever been thankful to have been in a car accident when all was said and done. Credit goes to Karla for her brilliant car-buying-research when things seemed a bit dire not too long ago.
- Grinning at the mountain of stuffed animals that have already snuck in the front door and found their way quietly to Beckett-to-be's room. The green dragon and the duck-in-a-bathrobe are both favorites, but I'm still hoping a monkey or two come our way. Figure if you gotta clean spit-up off a stuffed animal, the monkey is bound to make you smirk a bit in the process.
- Wondering how the dogs will welcome the little fella and feeling more and more confident as they spend time sniffing around in Beckett-to-be's room as we build furniture, unpack gifts, and in general create the new kiddo space. Flaco is going to have to be trained not to adopt the new rocker as his own.
35 days. 5 x 7. 5 weeks. And then this wild ride really shifts up a gear!